Sunday, January 11, 2015

From the Sketchbook

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This week, I've been working on a very large and much longer-term project than I originally expected. I'm not sure why I thought I could do a fully colored picture with 42 characters and a fully rendered background in a short amount of time...



Massive collage is massive. Actually, I'm not sure why they call it a collage, but it's a large picture containing many different characters from different series. The common theme here is Hatsumode, the first shrine visit of the year in Shinto religion. It's a lovely Japanese tradition, and all these characters are either coming in their New Year kimonos, or are mikos working at the shrine.

For now, two of the 42 characters are in color. Silhouettes are done, but actual coloring is going to be a while yet.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment