Sunday, January 25, 2015

Finding the Ocarina of Time

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I've always felt like wind instruments have a certain old-fashioned charm to them that fills my yearning for woodland and fairy beauty. Ocarinas especially capture my imagination, with their airy almost ethereal sound and their unusual rustic-looking shapes. Of course, now you can get ocarinas in all sorts of interesting and modern designs, but I think I still associate them most strongly with mostly round and gourd-like forms.



I have had my ocarina for a while, but never really spent enough time learning to play it beyond just fiddling around once in a blue moon. I finally decided to buy a couple of simple songbooks for it so I can more easily get comfortable playing actual songs, instead of just twittering around blindly. I'm especially enjoying the "Anime" one because it turns out to exclusively contain songs from Studio Ghibli films, which I adore.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment