Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Hug from the Sea



I've been knitting a lot! Primarily on the same giant project!

Sometime last year (by which I mean 2012), my friend Courtney wondered if it would be possible to knit an entire bed-sized blanket, rather than the usual afghan-sized blankets. Since I like challenges, I decided that by golly I would knit a whole bedspread for her!

It took about a year of picking at it on and off, with a last 3 months of somewhat more consistent effort, but I did it! She is a very colorful person, and her apartment is also very colorful, so I made my best effort to make the blanket suitably bright. The end result looks to me like waves of greeny-bluey-ness, like the ocean, so I like to think of it as a warm hug from the sea.







Yarn used: Loops & Threads Charisma in Sunny Day (main) and Yellow (joining).

The pattern came from an old magazine of various afghan and blanket patterns that A+'s mother owns. The blanket is knit up in strips (I made 8 strips, 92in long) that are then sewn together in the final step.

Finished dimensions: 92in x 96in (about Queen size)



No comments:

Post a Comment