Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Copic Practice with Lolis



I've played around with ink drawing pens and Copic markers for awhile now, but for the longest time only owned 3 Copics (3 shades of purple). About half a year ago, I finally decided to take the dive and accumulate a much larger set of Copic markers, and boy am I in love!! It's taken awhile to get the hang of coloring with them, and I'm still trying to figure out the best way for me to get colors to blend and to avoid brushstrokes being left behind when I color in large expanses. However, I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with them ^_^

My earliest attempts were in sketching and coloring in various simple Lolita-inspired figures. They're nothing complicated, mostly just filled-in stick-people wearing dresses and things on their heads. They're fun for me to draw though, and I was pretty pleased with the progression of coloring that I saw even just over the first three reasonably decent ones! Hopefully as I color more, I'll get better at not having weird colorblobs and bleeding issues.





No comments:

Post a Comment