Sunday, May 29, 2011

ACEN 2011 Cosplay - Nana "Hachi" Komatsu [NANA]

The new cosplay I made this year was for Day 2. This was a last-minute inspired duo cosplay that I did with my friend ^_^ We were the two Nana's from Ai Yazawa's "NANA": She was Nana and I was Hachi <3 data-blogger-escaped-br="">
I made the scarf, legwarmers, T-shirt, and skirt part of this cosplay, and I dyed my own hair to make it the right color for Hachi.

Scarf + Legwarmers


I made these out of gray sweatshirt fleece, and then used dot stencils + spray fabric paint to apply the dots. I'll just say that the spray fabric paints I used.... TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT. It would've been faster and less painful to just get normal fabric paint and sponge them on like I normally do. Oh well, they came in the perfect colors.

T-Shirt


I made this out of a plain navy T-shirt from Michael's (I modified the bodice and sleeve length, and the neckline), pink bias binding, some pink crinkle crepe, and acrylic paint. I did not have fabric paint in the right color, so I just went ahead and used acrylic. It'll require washing with care, but oh well. I finally realized why the shirt said "Seven" on it at about midnight the night before... Nana = seven... hahaha... >_>;;

Skirt


My piece de resistance in this outfit... Ruffles... I hate ruffles... I ended up just doing them kind of ghetto to save time. After the bottom-most layer, I didn't bother stitching and properly pulling them... I just gathered randomly by hand, pinned randomly, and then sewed. It actually turned out pretty well, and I don't think any worse than if I had spent a lot of time doing them "correctly". My bottom layer and the rest look about the same... The top layer actually looks better, but that's because I was careful about sewing it straight since nothing would cover it. I'm quite pleased with how this turned out, especially since the pattern-drafting actually went very quickly!! *happy with self* And also... I hate ruffling slightly less now that I know I can do it manually and it turns out fine... only slightly less...

And the whole outfit:


There it is!! I had so much fun on Saturday, between the fashion show and wandering around with friends ^_^

All in all a very successful ACEN!! b(^o^)d

4 comments:

  1. It is really done well =) you he look like ' I like(love) too much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ^_^ I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =^.0w0.^= good luck for the rest of your blog
    ciao hachi=)

    ReplyDelete