Friday, July 11, 2008

Nice cup of tea

I'm back with another update of projects I made for a Craftster swap. The theme was tea time. I found some really cute tea time related charms at the crafts store and decided to make matching earrings and ribbon bookmarks.

The earrings were really simple, just a colored bead and then the charm. I ended up making five pairs:











I made the matching bookmarks from ribbon, and attached the charms and beads with wire. The ribbon I liked only came in the wired variety, so I had to pull those out before making the bookmark. I made four bookmarks (with a closeup of corresponding charm at end):

















I also made a recipe book full of recipes involving tea. On every page I put a picture of a different interesting-looking teapot that I found online. There were ones shaped like turkeys, frogs, Conestoga wagons, ladybugs, and tons of other interesting shapes.

I also made a small tea wallet. It's basically a wallet with pockets the right size for teabags and sugar packets. There was even an elastic in the centerfold to hold stirrers!



And here's what the inside looked like! The orange rectangles were actually Post-It notes with labels for what flavor of tea was in the pocket, since I sent it with teabags already in the wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment