Friday, June 8, 2012

[Lolita Challenge] Day 4 – 10 different kinds of food you like

I'm not entirely sure how this is Lolita-related, but it's a fun question to answer anyways ^_^

1. Fruit. I love all and any fruits, as far as I know. Even crazy things like durian and soursop and jackfruit! I'm glad that fruit is a healthy thing to eat, because I love it and I do eat quite a bit of it.

2. Milk tea. I'm not sure if this is because I really like sweet milk tea so much, or if there's a bit of a comfort element to it, but I have a lot of nice childhood memories centered around milk tea (both with and without boba). It's nice in it's simplest form, but I'm also quite fond of it served hot with ginger in it.

3. Thai iced tea. This is definitely just my sweet tooth speaking (as it will many more times before this entry is done). I actually didn't know what it was until a few years ago, but the first time I tried it, I was completely hooked.

4. Edamame. Weird, perhaps? In addition to loving the taste of edamame, and finding them to be a good protein source for me, I also just really love the process of extracting the beans from the pods, ever since I was a little kid. ^_^ While I generally prefer sweet flavors (as is probably obvious), this is one of the times that I do enjoy the saltiness.

5. Ice cream. My preferred flavors tend to vary depending on my mood, but I must admit chocolate is always a pleaser. For softserve, I always get the twist. More exotic flavors that I also love are green tea and red bean. *w*

6. Honey. One of my favorite flavors ever. I love it in many things, whether beverages or desserts. Particular favorites include baklava, and with milk or green tea. On toast buttered toast is also good!

7. Avocados. I love avocados, and I'm glad they have nutritional value ^o^ My favorite is to actually just eat one plain with a spoon. Guacamole is also lovely though, especially when made with interesting flavor twists (like curry!).

8. Red velvet cake. One of my most preferred desserts, and I'm not even sure why. Maybe because I love the texture of all the red velvet cakes I've ever had, plus the color comes from chocolate, which I love as well. Also, for some reason, red velvet cake just always feels really luxurious to me, so it's like a nice indulgence.

9. Cheesecake. This is another one of my favorite desserts. I especially love them in cupcake-sized form, maybe because it was the special-occasion food of choice that my Mommy made. I prefer a firmer texture, combined with some sort of berry topping ^_^

10. Tofu skin. Also weird, I'm sure :-P But it's really one of the most delicious soy products I've ever had! I only wish it weren't so labor-intensive to prepare... I currently have a pack of tofu skin sheets sitting in my pantry, just waiting for a day when I have time to actually wash/soak it for several hours and then cook it ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment