Thursday, April 14, 2011

[Outfit Post] KERA Inspiration + Fashion Musings

Over the past couple of months, I've spent a not-insignificant amount of time musing about various fashion leanings that I have, or that suddenly pop up in my mind.  While I love the sweet-classic Lolita style with all my heart, it's really just not practical to go full out in everyday life.  I've compromised by wearing skirts pretty casually, but I still feel like a lot of times, my outfits just look thrown together and not polished, no matter how much I try.  Sometimes I think I might even make it worse when I try.

Together with that, I've recently discovered a certain affinity for some of the younger/cuter gyaru styles in magazines like Popteen (which I love, by the way).  I've considered trying to combine some of that with my love for Lolita, but the color schemes and the style mixing just doesn't work out... I'm not good enough to figure it out.

However, I've recently started reading KERA again, and in particular found the most recent issue quite inspirational.  I think that while I love Lolita when I'm doing full-on Lolita, for a more everyday style, something like the girlier/Lolita-ier coordinates in KERA would work much better for me.  More comfortable, less time-consuming to put on and deal with in restrooms, and just more versatile with more possible combinations of the same pieces in general.  Also, I've discovered that given the width-to-length ratio of my legs, I really do look better with skirts that are knee-length, or preferably even higher >_>;;

So... time to re-evaluate my daily style, I guess, is what I'm saying.  I'll still wear lots of Lolita, but I think it's high time I start trying to develop a better sense of how to wear it casually without looking kind of sloppy/boring.

But, enough verbal musings...  Some of the pictures in the May KERA featured bright colors with polkadots, which inspired this (very non-Lolita) coordinate.  I'm going out for karaoke for a friend's birthday, and she requested that I wear my pink Amu cosplay wig, so I wanted a poppy outfit that would match decently with it, without looking stupid while at school XD

 Cardigan: Target
Shirt: Hangry & Angry
Shoes: Secret Shop

I actually feel happy with this particular outfit, and I'm hoping I'll still be satisfied once it comes time to put the wig with it XD  In any case, I'll be dancing around and attempting (very badly) to sing Arashi songs while being unable to read the lyrics >_>;;

No comments:

Post a Comment