Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Visiting the Farmers' Market

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The weather was absolutely beautiful, and just perfect for visiting the Farmers' Market. While we can hardly keep up with all the produce coming from our own little garden, it still seemed like a fun idea to go and take a look at everything being sold. A+ was particularly interested in finding some cheese, and I always enjoy looking at all the baked goods and pickled items.

I wore my sailor dress, because it always strikes me as being more of a summery theme, but I don't like to wear it on days when I might sweat excessively due to heat or activity.


OP ~ Innocent World
Hat ~ Forever21
Shoes ~ Converse

We found parking next to a kindergarten, and happened to be right in front of this cute red VW Beetle with a coordinating Betty Boop sunscreen. I think it's lovely when people coordinate their cars and car accessories. Plus, Beetles are just so spherical!



There were so many baked goods being sold, but what stood out the most to me was a big sign for potato buttermilk donuts. I'd never heard of this particular variety of donut before and had to try one. It had a denser texture than other types of donuts I've had, and tasted like a sweet, somewhat fried bread. A+ thought it "tasted like Passover" if that might be more informative for some.



The vegetables being sold were all beautiful and pristine. In fact it looked like some of them had peeled the outer layer off their onions and then polished them, they were so clean and shiny. There was also a funny fellow selling giant dried gourds, and so many stands selling beautiful cut flowers and bouquets. In the end, A+ found his cheese, and I discovered a new applesauce to try.



It was a lovely time wandering among all the vendors at the market, and I'll definitely want to go back and see what gets sold as the seasons start changing. Perhaps next week we will try biking to the market instead of driving!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment