Tuesday, February 10, 2015

From the Sketchbook



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There is something particularly charming about drawing cute pictures for people requesting characters that they have a strong connection with. Of course, as with any situation, you might run into less than courteous characters, but for the most part, I really enjoy doing these types of requests. It also serves as a nice space in which I can experiment a little bit with different drawing styles and just generally practice making art in a more relaxed setting.

Recently, I've decided to try a sort of "quick-sketch" style. Partly for increased speed. And also because I really love the soft coloring style, and wanted to find a way to do it myself. Nice solid rendering is nice, but there's something about soft colors that just really makes my heart do flips.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment