Friday, February 3, 2012

Lilac Rose Vine Scarf

As a birthday present for Aaron, I took up the task of knitting his sister a scarf (since he doesn't know how to knit himself). I had hoped to get it done in time for Hanukkah, but I underestimated how much time I would need to invent and execute the pattern, and also how much free time I had at the end of the Fall quarter.

In any case, it's finally done and sent to her, so I can post about it now!

I used lilac and pink yarn, because purple is her favorite color and pink represents her fight against breast cancer. I wanted to make it more interesting than just a plain scarf, and I thought that a winding vine motif would be pretty. It took me a couple of false starts and a lot of tearing out and re-knitting to get the pattern right, but I eventually did it ^_^

So onto the pictures! It's actually pretty simple-looking, so there wasn't a lot to take pictures of. But here's the scarf in its entirety:


And a closeup of the vine going down the center:


I'm really glad that the colors worked out nicely, and that the winding vine actually does stand out enough to be seen. And of course, I'm really really happy that she likes the scarf ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment