Saturday, July 30, 2011

Paris: Jardin du Luxembourg

Last stop for my first day (I'm surprised I wasn't collapsing from jet lag or anything... yay malleable sleep schedule?): Jardin du Luxembourg!

I think I always had a very... childishly ideal image of this garden consisting of small children running around the fountain with their little sailboats.  Interestingly, it wasn't far off - there were in fact children playing with sailboats (complete with the poles you use to steer/poke at the boats)!  If only I was a small child and could engage in such play... T_T

The greenery was absolutely amazing (as was the case for every other garden I visited in Paris).  It's just too bad it was so hot and the sun was so bright - I probably would've enjoyed it more had the weather been a little bit cooler... alas, what can you do?

Here's the palace and the fountain all in one shot:
















And the lovely lawn where we relaxed in the shade for awhile (did a crossword puzzle):
















There were so many people there just hanging out (particularly in the nice shaded areas).  It was pretty interesting just people-watching and trying to eavesdrop on conversations.

We also saw the Medici Fountain, which was in a lovely tree area, except that ducks in the trees kept either dripping (from the fountain) on us or peeing on us (we couldn't tell).  We didn't hang out there long...



No comments:

Post a Comment