Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tea Party @ The Drake!

To open this post in a less-than-bubbly fashion... Everyone knows about the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan, with the subsequent nuclear reactor situation.  I'm lucky that all my friends live in Tokyo, so they are all safe and in much better conditions than the hard-hit regions.

I had stopped following American news media, mainly out of laziness, but after seeing how they reported this natural disaster, I have decided they are largely full of money-grubbing/ratings-chasing idiots and will now actively decide to not follow/highly distrust them.  Their fear-mongering of the nuclear situation was entirely unnecessary, and only incited panick rather than helping anybody.  I'm also now painfully aware of how gullible large portions of the US population are...  But then again, most people don't have much knowledge about radiation/nuclear science; heck, even I have very little knowledge, and trust my boyfriend to be honest about giving me the info on this stuff.  What makes me mad most is that it made everyone essentially FORGET about the people are still struggling to survive in the shelters all over the Tohoku region...  A lot of people, living in winter weather with no heat, no food, no water...

That said... please, especially now that the nuclear situation is coming back under control... if you haven't already, please donate to any of the number of organizations that are helping with relief efforts in Japan.  Even a little bit, $10, will add up if a lot of people donate.  So please do so!!

List of good organizations (both US and international) can be found here: http://thecrowandtheradio.blogspot.com/2011/03/list-of-international-trustworthy.html

Now on to less ranty/sombre stuff...  Weird juxtaposition, isn't it?

**********************************************************************************

I got to go to a lovely fancy tea at The Drake yesterday!  Many thinks to Alice for working so hard to host the party!

It was my first time going to any sort of fancy tea service, and I was very pleased <3  The tea was great, the snacks were tasty, and I had a wonderful time meeting new people and hanging out with friends ^o^

I used this opportunity to debut my Viennese Waltz Frill JSK from Innocent World, as well as my pink heels that I bought specifically to match "IW Pink" (the dusty rose color that IW tends to call "pink").  I also spent like a hour curling my hair so it would blend in with the two large-pieces from my extension set.  I think I need more practice at being a girl... an hour just to curl hair and clip in extensions is way too long XD

Picture!

JSK: Innocent World
Blouse: Metamorphose
Socks: Innocent World
Headbow: Innocent World
Shoes: Secret Shop

I think I need a better petticoat for my empire-waist dresses...  And I just need a new petticoat in general, but that's another issue. ^_^

Tea was followed by hanging out, and going to a vintage sale as well as I Cream, where they make liquid nitrogen ice cream!!!! <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment