Thursday, January 13, 2011

Little linguist in Pittsburgh-land

I've been busy busy busy lately, going essentially straight from my winter break travels straight into the long drive to Pittsburgh for the annual Linguistics Society of America meeting.  It was my first LSA, and boy was it exhilarating (and exhausting)!  It was like a gigantic buffet for my brain, and I'm pretty sure it over-ate :-P

In any case, it was tons of fun, I learned about lots of new research, and I got to meet a lot of fellow linguists!!

I'm planning/writing a more fashion-related post that is relevant to the LSA and my academic life in general, but for now, here's a couple of snaps of Pittsburgh scenery that I took from our hotel room window.

The river:

















Heinz Stadium:

















"The Point":

















The outline of Fort Pitt:


The bridge:

No comments:

Post a Comment