Monday, January 31, 2011

Fashion Rut? Fashion Rut.

Despite my desire to create a nice documentation of my personal style, this clearly hasn't been happening so well.  Part of that is just due to sheer busy-ness, and stressing about being able to finish my qualifying projects/papers in a timeline that is satisfactory to my advisors.  The other is that I feel like I'm in a bit of a fashion doldrums lately.

A contributing point seems to be that I gained about 7 pounds over Christmas break.  As a result, I came back and realized my skirts were all kind of uncomfortably tight.  Now, it's not that I can't get into them, but they really cut into my abdomen more than I am okay with.  I'm really in awe of people who can withstand all that pressure on the belly... I just can't T_T  As a result, the number of pieces I can actually wear without pain has been diminished by about 80%.

The cold weather has also been a bit of a pain.  Tights with wool OTKs over them, with flannel bloomers, is sufficient for staying warm and comfortable, but I only have 2 pairs of wool socks, which isn't nearly enough for wearing every day >_<  Time to get more, I suppose.

In any case, not only have I not had time to document any style, I also just haven't been wearing anything I really consider interesting.  I've been too exhausted to think much about my clothes, and I'm currently still on a diet to try to get an inch or so off my waist so I can wear my skirts non-painfully again.  I love Lolita as much as ever, but I think it's just going to have to wait until I have the energy and body to wear it on a daily basis again.  Hopefully I'll pick myself back up soon and start being a bit more creative with my outfits, because I really enjoy it, and it would probably actually help relieve stress.

>_<

No comments:

Post a Comment