Monday, July 5, 2010

Polymer Clay - Bows and Bears!!

I had some extra time no my hands recently, so I made another batch of polymer clay trinkets. Specifically, little clay ribbon bows and some teddy bears!

Ribbon Bows

I made them with the original intention of glueing them onto ring bases, like these. However, I've got a couple of loose ones laying around that I'm considering doing something else with (turning into just a clip-on charm, or maybe earrings/necklace). Anyways, here are the finished rings - two colors: lavender and turquoise!





I'll be trying different styles of bows next (maybe ones without the trailing tails).

Teddy Bears

Aaaand teddy bear charms!! I actually came up with this by accident while trying to make something else... it ended up very blobby, and for some reason it made me think of teddy bears, so with some modification of the failed object, I came up with a bear design!!

These were not made from coloured clay, but instead hand-painted afterwards. I have dark pink and purple bears at the moment, all in the form of clip-on charms for versatility (or something). I might make some more and actually put them on necklaces as pendants, or on cell phone charm straps.






I had originally some white ones too, but the glaze I've been experimenting with is an oil-based clear polyurethane. I'm guessing it's something about the oil, but on the white bears, it dried sort of yellowish, which became really obvious in the more concentrated regions in crevices and such, so I decided to just leave those be (they can join my collection of failed clay objects).

I'll be putting these (and subsequent duplications/incarnations of them) in my Etsy shop soon ^.^ And next, I'll have yet another sewing post, since I just finished a skirt last night!

1 comment:

  1. Home Depot Classes...

    [...]Papillon de Nuit » Blog Archive » Polymer Clay – Bows and Bears!![...]...

    ReplyDelete