Monday, May 10, 2010

Strawberry Frenzy - Wristcuffs and Sock Toppers

Aaaand here's part two of my strawberry frenzy! And at this point, it really is a frenzy, what with ACEN looming, piles of schoolwork, unfinished cosplays/goody bags... T_T

As mentioned before, the awesome lady I'm modeling in the fashion show for asked me to bring some strawberry-related accessories to go with the outfit. I made this set of wristcuffs and sock toppers with felt stuffed strawberries. Unfortunately, this is really short notice, and apparently Vogue Fabrics has fantaaaastic fabric selection but really rather... meager... lace selections. I realize this lace is "bad lace" (I'm going to be itching like crazy) but it was the best I could do (it had to be a beige, not white) in the time and resources that I have T_T I think they'll be fine from onstage though... Yay 20-feet rule!

Anyways, onto the pictures! I was in such a rush I didn't take any progress pics... oh well :-P

The wristcuffs! I decided to just have a single strawberry directly attached, so that it's not too busy/overwhelming for wrists:
Strawberry Wristcuffs.jpg

Strawberry Wristcuffs - Closeup.jpg

And the sock toppers! These have cute dangles, since my legs are big enough for them to not look ridiculously overpowering :-P
Strawberry Wristcuffs.jpg

Strawberry Wristcuffs - Closeup.jpg

Aaaand I finally managed to finish my complete Miwako cosplay (although, I'm waiting on shoes to hopefully get here in time), but Amulet Spade's shirt seems like it's not going to get redone anytime soon. At least I'm (hopefully) getting new boots that I will spraypaint brown, so that I'll have correct boots this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment