Thursday, April 24, 2014

Stencillation!

Over the past couple of months, I've been taking a children's book illustration class at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC). It was taught by Laura Montenegro, who is absolutely wonderful. We did a different exercise every week targeted at helping us become more expressive artists and to introduce us to mediums we might not have thought to use before. Now that the class is done and all the work has been turned back to us, I just wanted to share some of the artwork I did with everyone ^_^

This exercise was all about stenciling with cut/torn paper and tempera paint.







As I soon found out, the patterns I used for stencils actually ended up being really beautiful as well. I particularly like how my little multi-slit pattern turned out in the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment