Friday, May 25, 2012

[Lolita Challenge] Day 2 ~ 10 things you love in Lolita

1. Built-in petticoats. I love me some poof, so it's always great when the skirt comes with some built in, as that just helps it sit over my real petticoats better (it holds itself up), and also of course amplifies the final poofage!

2. Rectangle headdresses. Perhaps a less popular opinion now, but I actually really like rectangle headdresses. They're nice to wear when I don't want to have to pouf my hair and/or put it into an updo (ie, most of the time), plus I feel like they just have a very timeless sort of elegance about them. They're also fantastic for hiding cowlicks...

3. Teaparty shoes. I am not a big fan of having to wear heels, in large part because nobody actually makes heels in my foot size, and I just love Teaparties because they have a uniquely Lolita styling, but are flat enough to be comfortable even a half or whole size too big :-P What I would really love though, is to one day have a pair of Romantic Ribbon style shoes, which look very similar to Teaparties but are subtly different (and better) ^_^

4. Ankle socks and/or wristcuffs on ankles. I think ankle socks look adorable with Lolita, particularly ones with scalloped or lace ruffled tops. I also think ankle socks over tights are cute, if the colors/patterns aren't clashing. Alternatively, wristcuffs over tights/socks also makes for the same cute effect. Maybe I just like frilly ankle decorations in Lolita ^o^

5. Long bloomers. I think peeking bloomers are really cute, and long bloomers are nice to wear because they don't get bunched up around my thighs like shorter bloomers do sometimes. I only own one pair thus far, but I plan to get or make more!

6. Fairy tale prints. Already mentioned in my Day 1, but I absolutely adore fairy tale inspired prints in Lolita. All the ones I've seen have been really well designed and executed, and I really hope to one day collect them all! Kind of like Pokemon... but... frillier?

7. Music motifs. In addition to my obsession with fairy tales, I also adore music themes. I'm not a huge fan of having a keyboard around the hem of my skirt, but when it's subtly done, I think music prints are amazing. I especially love Baby's Music Salon print, and the recent IW print with harps and pianos (I jumped on it right away).

8. Purses. I'm not sure what more I can say... I don't think I've ever met an un-cute Lolita purse, and while I really have no need for many purses, if I had the money, I would totally start buying all of them. There's just something about purses with bows and/or lace and frills on them that make me really happy ^_^

9. 3/4 sleeve blouses. Few and far between, I know, but I think I like them much more than either full long-sleeve blouses or short-sleeve blouses. They don't feel uncomfortable around my biceps, nor do they have the issue of being too long and getting caught on things when I try to use my hands.

10. Natural hair. While I appreciate wigs, and can definitely see their use in creating easy instant nice hairstyles, I really really love it when I see well-groomed and well-styled natural hair on a Lolita. I prefer it myself mainly for comfort reasons, altohugh I don't think my natural hair is particularly nice. But there are definitely girls out there who have fantastic hair and make wonderful use of it. Seeing their photos just really takes my breath away ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment