Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Harmonies FTW!!!

Did I even mention how much I love harmonies? And how I enjoy being masochistic... by learning harmonies by ear? ^.^

Aaaanyways, AKB48's "Sakura no Shiori" was pure delight for me, because of... AWESOME HARMONIES!!! I first heard it by walking past K-Snow's room, and thought that they'd for some reason suddenly gotten into Japanese children's choirs. I adore choral music, and this song definitely has that sort of sound to it. Not to mention wonderfully intricate (well, for pop music anyways) harmonies!!

And of course, I just had to learn them... I spent two days picking out harmonies and finally arrived at my own 4-part choral arrangement of this song (for SSAA choir). I think I captured most of the original harmonies, and there might be a couple that I randomly made up XD In any case, I feel like it was reasonably successful :-P

So here's a beta version of me singing all 4 parts (which splits occasionally into 5-6 parts) :-P

Sakura no Shiori

Okay, so for some reason my alto parts are synchronizing weirdly such that they sometimes create horrible beats, but I don't think it's *too* noticeable in when mixed with the other parts ^.^

So yeah... hope you enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment