Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Finally... more about the Javinale wedding

Now that I'm finally moved and mostly settled in my new place, I have time to write a little more about Javinale's wedding ^.^  It was really really awesome, with the ceremony being a mix of Indian and Christian traditions (although admittedly there were many more of the Indian segments).  So it was definitely exciting, since I'd only seen Indian weddings in Bollywood movies before :-P Amazingly enough, the real thing was pretty much as ornate and crowded as the movie ones!

The night before the actual wedding, they held a dinner reception with a talent show, which was lots of fun. I played the violin for their talent show, and even though I thought I really did poorly, given that I hadn't actually practiced the violin for about a year, everyone apparently was very pleased, so that was good ^.^

I also got henna art done on my hands. That was super-exciting because it's the first time I've had it done by a real henna artist (rather than just random friends playing around with henna).



The reception after the wedding itself was also lots of fun, with speeches by family members, videos/slideshows made by family, and then at the very end, open dance floor.

I had a great time, and hopefully I'll be able to find some more pictures from this to post!

1 comment:

  1. do you know how i can email the javinale couple?
    i'm their minister and wanted to contact them.
    peace,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete